We are hiring a Frontend Engineer
for our Tech team. In this role, you will be responsible for building frontend applications for our product. To do so, you apply and extend your experience in frontend development with react.js, work collaboratively in cross-functional product teams and help us to create delightful products with very good user experience that people love.TL;DR
- React, Typescript, REST or GraphQL, Git
- Remote First, collaborative customer focused team that deploy code everyday
- Nice to have: PHP 7, MySQL, AWS, Docker, Terraform
- Depending on your experience level, as well as the location (Germany, Portugal, Spain) the salary range is between: €50-65k / 65k-85k p.a.
At the end of the day we want to ensure we build the best e-commerce solution in the photography market.
The GotPhoto SaaS platform helps school photographers streamline their workflow and ensure that they can easily manage large photo shoots and print amazing products their customers want. GotPhoto is a profitable startup that has been around since 2010.
Our culture is empowering a positive business model, with the mindset “we create winners”. Photographers, parents, schools and labs are better off when using our software.Location
: Most of our team is based in Berlin but this role is a fully remote position based in Germany or Spain and Portugal (through our employer of record).
If you enjoy going to an office then we would love to help you relocate to Berlin, just ask our Talent Partner team about it when you speak to them during the interview.
Skills we are looking for
- Rewriting parts of older frontends to the new tech stack with React
- Ability to adapt to frameworks like Tailwind, NextJS, GraphQL
- Knowledge of Unit Testing with Testing Library and Jest
- Working knowledge of Typescript
- Experience with writing well tested, accessible and performant production ready applications
- Understanding of design systems with tools such as Figma and Storybook
We take a pragmatic approach to building products and systems that work for our customers. We have micro-frontends built with React and NextJS that connect to a CakePHP application. The main design system and applications live in a NX based monorepo, all built with strict Typescript, styled with Tailwind, tested with Testing Library and supported by GitLab pipelines that connect to SonarCloud.
In the backend, we use AWS-Cloud using MySQL, Docker, SQS, SNS, SES, PhpUnit, NewRelic, Graylog. In the Platform team we make use of Amazon Lambda for image processing to keep the scale very flexible. Payments are handled and abstracted by the finance team in their own distributed service.
Since our business has complex use cases, we keep the cognitive load for our Devs as low as possible so they focus on solving problems rather than configuring tech. Read more about our tech here.