In this role, you apply technology to create the right software solutions for the needs of our photography customers to help their businesses to be successful. You will primarily work on our backend (PHP).
At the end of the day, we want to ensure we build the best e-commerce solution in the photography market.
The GotPhoto SaaS platform helps school photographers streamline their workflow and ensure that they can easily manage large photo shoots and print amazing products their customers want. GotPhoto is a profitable startup that has been around since 2010.
Our culture is one of a positive business model, with the mindset “we create winners”. Photographers, parents, schools, and labs are better off when using our software.
This role is available out of Berlin with the option to go to the office or a fully remote position based in either Germany, Spain, Portugal, or the Netherlands.We support full visa sponsorship and relocation to Germany, Berlin.
The Engineering team
consists of 20+ Engineers (on our way to 40+ by the end of 2023). You will report to the Engineering Manager
You join a product-first organization that is currently moving from 4 to 8+ product squads. Your main stakeholders are Product, QA, Product Design, Data, and other Business stakeholders.Read more about our Tech Team here.
You will work on:
Read more about our Tech Stack here
- This is a backend-focused role (PHP): you will work on designing, coding, deploying, and monitoring the usage of features
- In case you are interested to develop more towards a Full-Stack Developer, we are happy to support you in your growth and give you the chance to learn more about our Frontend (HTML & HS)
- Ensuring we all write great code and learn together; we do peer code reviews, lots of pair coding, hackathons, and internal tech talks
- Highly versatile system in order to support complex photographer workflows, taking pictures of thousands of school kids is a complex challenge
- Service-oriented architecture with a large Scale System handling more than 2 million orders per year with highly sensitive data and information
With us, you can look forward to this
- A company that has grown sustainably and profitably over the last 10 years and is a market leader!
- A culture based on trust and an inspiring atmosphere where ideas are heard and implemented
- In a supportive environment that likes to set each other up for success, we can be vulnerable and authentic
- Regular employee surveys to measure employee satisfaction and foster continuous improvement
- The occasional get-together via virtual team events (lately also in person)
- Remote work - You have the freedom to decide whether you want to work from home or from the (dog-friendly) office in Berlin
- Education budget, that allows you to grow professionally and explore new ideas
- Urban Sports Club membership discount, to keep active even in these isolated times
- Unlimited holidays (26 days is the minimum
More information on why to work with us, our team, and our journey as a company: https://www.gotphoto.com/careers/